Tormek Profiled Leather Honing Wheel LA-120
The Tormek Profiled Leather Honing Wheel is ideal for honing the inside of arched edges where access is otherwise difficult. Woodturning gouges, carving gouges, and V-gouges can be honed with ease.
The LA-120 either mounts to the LA-220 Leather Honing Wheel if you have the Tormek T8 or mounts to the LA-145 Leather Honing Wheel if you have the T4. This allows you to hone the outside of your arched edge tools on your regular leather honing wheel and then easily switch to honing the inside on the profiled wheel.
The LA-120 comes with two standard leather discs (one with a radius of 3 mm (1/8") for honing gouges and the second has a 60 degree tip for tools such as V-gouges) but we highly recommend purchasing a few sets of additional leather discs.
- The LA-122 is a Set of Standard Exchange Discs - used to replace included two standard discs
- The LA-124 is a Set of Narrow Exchange Discs - an additional disc option to hone the inside of the edge on tools with a smaller radius or tighter angle
The Profiled Leather Honing Wheel also must be used with the PA-70 Honing Compound. When the discs are new, apply a few drops of light machine oil before applying the honing compound.
The leather is eco-friendly and top quality, coming from the respected Tärnsjö Garveri tannery in Sweden. Tärnsjö Garveri has been tanning leather for 150 years and is one of the few tanneries to tan their leather using only natural vegetable products.
- Polishes the bevel and deburrs the edge on the inside of arched edges
- Maintains your tools between sharpening
- Quality cowhide that lasts year after year
- Fits the Tormek T-8 with the LA-220 or the T-4 with the LA-145
LA-120 Profiled Leather Honing Wheel Specifications
- Honing wheel dimensions
- Diameter: 120 mm (4 3/4")
- Radius/angle: 3 mm (1/8") / 60 degrees
- Weight: 0.27 kg (0.59 lb)
- Color: Black/brown
- Material: ABS plastic, cowhide
- Warranty: 2-years