AquaCote is the country's leader in the manufacturing of environmental friendly water-based coatings. For the past 20 years Aqua Cote has supplied furniture manufacturers, cabinet shops, millworks and toy makers with a complete family of water-based products. Our water-based finishes are designed for use by the occasional user to production professionals.
In addition to brushable coatings, a complete line of finishes specifically designed for the HVLP turbine systems and the smaller standard air compressor, using a conventional spray gum or the new HVLP gun, is available.
We make it easy for you to select the right products for your job to create the best finish effortlessly. Our on-line and telephone support will help answer the questions to make the job right - The First Time.
AquaCote coatings are sold in quart, 1 gallon, or 5 gallon containers, stains in quart or gallon containers. The prices shown on the next pages are for one quart. Click on the respective item and then choose your size to see the respective prices.
Here are some frequently asked questions:
What are some benefits of water-based coatings?
What should I be careful of when using water-based coatings?
- Both thinning and cleanup can be done with water rather than with solvents, so using water-base products is faster and easier.
- Your personal health risks are reduced since you are no longer exposed to solvents..
- Your work will be more environmentally friendly. If you are working commercially, compliance with environmental protection laws will be greatly simplified for you.
- Water-based coatings are a perfect alternative to the hazardous, flammable and toxic solvent based finishes.
- AquaCote in particular is especially formulated to match the performance of HVLP systems such as those introduced by Apollo, North America's HVLP pioneer and leader, over thirty years ago. For more details on Apollo products, visit the Apollo section of our site.
- Since Aqua Cote has been on the market for 20+ years, we have been able to refine the complete coatings line, to eliminate the problems most often associated with water-based finishes. We have worked hand in hand with some of the nations best furniture finishers to make Aqua Cote the most user friendly product on the market today.
- Many of our second generation line of stains and coatings are virtually indistinguishable from the standard solvent and lacquer products being used in the industry today.
- With the ever tightening OSHA and EPA standards, the usability of solvent based varnish and lacquers is declining and becoming more difficult and expensive to ship. Therefore Aqua Cote is the perfect "green" replacement for those hazardous products.
Since the product absorbs and dries quickly, work smaller areas at a time so you can wipe excess off rapidly, have an assistant follow you as you apply the stain to handle the excess, or use a small amount of Aqua Cote Retarder to give you more "open" time.
Why is AquaCote not sold my my local paint distributor?
For efficiency reasons, most dealers like to deal with a single supplier who can supply an entire line of finishes. They rarely want to be bothered with smaller volume or specialty lines due to high operating costs, which then need to be passed on to the consumer in the form of a higher retail price. By selling and shipping directly to the end user, Advanced Machinery is able to provide a high-quality product without the overhead of a local distributor.
What if I need help getting my AquaCote finish to work the way I want it to?
AquaCote experts are standing by to help you with any finishing question you have at any time, unlike most stores that do not have specially trained finishers or customer consultants.